qtech_logo_t

Monthly Archives: October 2019

Indian Defence Production

In 2018-19 the value of defence production in India was Rs. 80500 Crores, witnessing a 2 percent increase over 2017-18. While the DPSUs undertook 79 percent of total defence production work in 2018–19; the private sector secured the remaining (around 21 percent).The total defence production targeted for the fiscal 2019-20 is Rs 90000...

Read more

Foreign Direct Investment (FDI)

Indian Defence Industry received FDI of USD 2.18 Million during 2018-19. In 2014-15, 2015-16, and 2017-18, the sector attracted FDI worth USD 0.08 Million, USD 0.10 Million and USD 0.01 Million, respectively. In 2016-17, the industry had failed to attract overseas investments. Although the recent figure seems meager but it seems this rise...

Read more

Ordnance Factories Production

The target for 2019-2020 for 41 Ordnance Factories was estimated as Rs 16850 Crores and, by the end of July, 33 percent of this should have been completed. However, a recent report indicates that the value of production up to July 31, 2019 was just 20 percent which is 39 percent less than...

Read more

Offset Obligation and Discharge

The Department of Defence Production has come out with the list of offset contracts signed till date. The list published indicates that India has entered a total of 52 offset deals with 19 foreign defence contractors. Estimates depicts that the worth of these defence offsets in deals signed with foreign OEMs amounts to...

Read more

CCS likely to set up EGoM to review OFB Restructuring

The Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) is likely to set up a six member Empowered Group of Ministers (EGoM) headed by Defence Minister and also will likely include the home, finance, law and justice, labour and employment Ministers, and, the Minister of State for personnel, public grievances and pensions. The EGoM, once constituted,...

Read more

DAC Meet in Aug 2019

The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) has given approval for the procurement of Indian made Software Defined Radio (SDR Tactical) and Next Generation Maritime Mobile Coastal Batteries (Long Range) for the Indian Navy. The batteries have been developed and manufactured in India by Indo-Russia Joint Venture Company, M/s BrahMos Aerospace Private Limited and to...

Read more

Corporatization of Ordnance Factory Board (OFB)

The Centre wishes to corporatize the Ordnance Factory Board (OFB) with enhance functional autonomy, efficiency, increased growth potential and lesser Government control amidst growing discontent among employees due to doubts on job security and related issues. It is proposed to be given the status of a Maharatna Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) and will...

Read more

GST Issue on Parts of Aircraft

The Indian Air Force (IAF) has made a representation before the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI) to reconsider more than Rs 100 Crores of Integrated Goods And Services Tax (IGST) levied on various imported items that it has shown as “parts of aircraft” in its books. The matter is likely to be taken...

Read more