Indian Defence Acquisition Council and Ministry of Defence on 19 July 2014, has cleared procurement proposal as under:-
• Five fleet support ships for the Navy at a worth Rs. 9000 crores, for which the RFP would be issued to all public and private sector shipyards.
• 32 HAL-built Advanced Light Helicopter - Dhruv, to the Coast Guard and the Navy at a cost of Rs 7,000 crores.
• Manufacture of 56 transport aircrafts by private industry players to replace the force’s fleet of Avro aircraft. The RFP response dates extended,
• Procurement of five fast patrol vessels (FPV) and offshore patrol vessels (OPV) each for the Coast Guard at the cost of Rs 2,360 crores.
• Proposal to procure Search and Rescue, equipment for the three services at a cost of Rs 900 crores.