Indian Government has allowed Finmeccanica and Agusta Westland for doing business with India. However, the investigations will continue and remain delinked from the procurement processes. Also the Government has placed some conditions, which are:-
- All ongoing contracts will continue unhindered.
- All contracts related to spares will continue.
- Contracts with Russian manufacturers, where Finmeccanica group is involved in the back-end, will continue.
- Finmeccanica will be allowed to participate in all tenders but if there are multiple options, the group will not be considered regardless of the competitiveness of the offer.
- However, where the group is the single vendor with no other firm providing options, the government is empowered to go ahead with the deal.
The Finmeccanica companies at present are contending /are in race for several Indian defence programmes worth over $14 billion namely:
- Black Shark torpedo order with WASS for Scorpene submarines
- The Selex 40L radar for India's indigenous aircraft carrier Vikrant
- Oto Melara has offered its naval guns for Indian Navy’s 30-40 mm gun tender worth $275 Million
- Alenia is one of the contenders for the $1 billion Navy tender for nine Medium-Range Maritime Reconnaissance (MRMR) aircraft.
- Alenia is bidding Avro replacement tender for the Indian Air Force (IAF) worth $2.45 Billion.
- AgustaWestland is contending in three multi-billion dollar helicopter tenders for the Indian Navy which includes tenders for 126 Naval Multi-role Helicopters