The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) scheduled for meeting today and likely to consider the following acquisitions:-
- M777 ultra-light howitzers worth $750-millions.
- Armed Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) from the US.
- Two Boeing 777 VVIP aircrafts with missile avoidance systems.
- 44,500 Carbines from Israel.
- Spyder systems (short and medium range mobile air defence system) from Israel.
- Six Brahmos missile systems for Navy.
- Two Talwar class ships that are estimated to be at Rs 2,700 crore.
- Six next-generation missile vessels at 1,250 tonnes estimated at Rs 13,000 crores.
- Fresh approval of Five S-400 Triumf long-range surface-to-air missile systems from Russia.
- Fresh approval for two special operation vessels and associated swimming delivery vehicles for Rs. 2,000 crores