Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) gave “Acceptance of Necessity” to following proposals;-
- 10 Heavy-lift transport aircraft from Boeing for Rs 18,645 crore
- 1,500 automatic detection systems for NBC protection from BEL for BMPs at estimated cost of Rs 1,265 crore.
- Six multi-mission maritime reconnaissance aircraft for ICG for about Rs 5,500 crore
- 55 Low Level Light Weight Radars for both Army Air Defence and Navy at a cost of Rs 419 crore.
- One additional C17 Boeing Globemaster under FMS, along with other equipment and platforms worth Rs 8,184 crore under option clause.