The Army Aviation 10-year modernization plans aims to induct at least 350 helicopters including two kinds of utility choppers and three types of combat helicopters. The present position of helicopter procurement is as under:-
- 70 Rudra (Advanced Light Helicopter 'Dhruv' armed with 20 mm Gun), have already been inducted and 10 more will join the Force by 2020.
- The Light Combat Helicopter (LCH) to be inducted within seven to ten years.
- 200 Kamov Ka-226s, which are for reconnaissance and observation, are expected to be procured within 10 years.
- By 2021, the Army also expects to procure six Apache choppers
- Further, the induction of the Remotely Piloted Aircraft System (RPAS) is also on card.